Monday 26 March 2012

WHY ARE YOUR JEANS COVERED IN ZIPS PLZ??

So today when I was walking home i saw a guy I guess you'd call him a punk? (I didn't know that term was even still relevant in 2012?) He was wearing these pants that were covered in zips, like all over. You know the ones I'm talking about? I can't even find a picture of them online. HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET HOLD OF THESE HIDEOUS PANTS? It's a fashion I don't get. I mean the zips have no function. They're just tiny lil zips. Do these people have some kind of skin condition that means that tiny specific patches of their skin need air at certain times? Is that what the zips are for? So they can unzip different slits of their trousers at different times and let their skin breathe?? Don't they make special breathable cotton or something? Seriously though, I realize that fashion doesn't have to have function. When I put a scarf on to go to the supermarket in the middle of summer in the south of France I don't to it to keep warm, I do it to look good. But tiny zips all over your pants...... just leaves me all like "¿?"

Earlier in the day, whilst I was waiting at the bus stop I saw a guy who looked like an English version of famous Mexican vlogger Benshorts. (he's famous to me anyway...) I totally wanted to just stare at him. I mean, I suppose I couldn't really tell if he really looked like Benshorts cos he was wearing these (really nice) Police sunglasses. Do you ever wonder if people notice you staring at them?

When we finished for Easter holidays a few days ago I went out and had fun stayed up late and played Populous. There is something DEEPLY SATISFYING about engaging in tribal warfare involving magical shamans. The triumphant feeling you get as your shaman cries out the incantation to cast a volcano in the middle of your enemy's settlement is incomparable. I can't go out dancing anyway at the moment due to [mysterious] CERTAIN MEDICAL DIFFICULTIES [/mysterious]. The plus side of that though is that I can leave a shop (the chemist) with a bag full of goodies without being wracked with guilt the way I would be if I actually bought that Ybarra extra virgin olive oil, or those DKNY shirts, or that Calvin Klein underwear, or those cardigans from H&M, or a whole collection of scarves from River Island. The other great thing about the chemist is I love the people that work there. They're this group of really nice ladies. It was good cos today I got to sit around cos they had a computer fault so I had to wait from any time between five and fifteen minutes. In my head I pretended that I was part of their little group even though they don't know my name and we've never had a real conversation, although today was progress in terms of conversation as I got told I would have to wait and I got to ask how long, I felt like I was almost part of the inner circle.

So yeah, I was also reading Tomb Raider vlogs yesterday. I actually took a break from working. Feels like I've been doing nothing but translate and write essays and prepare presentations and translate and write about translating and read and translate for the past three months. Egh, DUH. Cos that's what I did for the past three months -.- So yeah I was reading these vlogs and wishing I could just sit and play Tomb Raider. Or be Lara Croft. One of the two. We'll find out which one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me your thought from across the room...