Saturday 9 January 2010

Out into a cold world

Today I went out for the first time in almost a week, the cabin fever was getting the better of me... My loan had come in and I needed FOOD!!!

I wrapped up nice and warm, two layers on bottom and four on top, kept me nice and toasty whilst I was out. My strategy to avoid possible slipping out on my street was to exit my house via the back alley, where it's less steep and less icy, so I went out and tried to open the back gate. Would it budge? No! So I returned to the house to fetch a bottle of hot water to pour over the frozen lock and this had no effect on my ability to open it. So this meant I had to either climb over the wall or use the front door. Obviously I wasn't going to climb over my snowy wall. Luckily I didn't slip and die as I set foot out the door and carefully tread over the ice to get to the road, where it's safer. As I walked down the road I was filled with terror as I felt as though I couldn't control my speed and I would suddenly fall and die. Luckily I didn't. It got easier to walk as I got closer to the city centre and the paths in the square were even gritted! In the centre it was all fine, and I finally spent my HMV gift card. That's right, I acquired THE FAME MONSTER. SO happy! :D

After this purchase it was time for me to go and buy a bus pass in order that I can travel around the bay during the term. Bang goes eighty quid of my loan, but so worth it. I waited around in the bus station in the queue waiting for the bus to ASDA, listening to the conversations of the simple folk. Some guy seemed to feel the need to express everything he said at least twice...
Man: "it's at 56"
Man: "it comes at 56 past"
...
Man: "there's still ten minutes"
Woman: "yeah, cos it's at 56..."
He the proceded to complain about the electronic timetable/clock thing in the bus station with an argument that made no sense to me, what he said was a terrible idea and I really felt like saying this to him, but I held back. It's quite strange being outside and not having music in my ears, I need new headphones... anyone wanna buy me some Lady GaGa ones?

So eventually I made it to ♥ASDA♥. It felt like coming home. It was lovely and warm in there, I knew where everything was, everything I wanted was there, and it was all at a reasonable price. By the time I'd got round the store I felt like my arms were going to drop off as the handles of my basket bent under the sheer bulk of the items I was purchasing. I got lotssss of lovely food, my only regret is that I didn't have enough room/strength to carry a cake... I really wanted a cake. But with my three plastic bags and a rucksack full of stuff I was happy, and I at least got cookies, so all is good!

I slipped a couple of times on the way back home from town, but I didn't fall and made it back safely. Put all my lovely shopping away and discovered that I had, of course, chosen a tub of hair stuff with a hole in the bottom... I've patched it up with some tape so hopefully that'll do the trick, just a little annoying really. I felt better though when I warmed up a double chocolate chip cookie and ate it up. So moist! ^_^

Most of my Christmas money is gone... the same thing that happens each year has occured: I've frittered it away on music. I *do* love my music though. I bought a few random tracks and an album called Ultimate Disney Princess which is just amazing> I've been listening to them all all the time.

I really ought to do some uni work, so I think I will do some tomorrow. And also, my housemate should be coming back tomorrow, so I won't be all alone any more, YAY!!! Hopefully I'm gonna get into a normal sleeping pattern soon too, oh gosh, and I really need to look at my timetable for uni. I've been putting it off because I'm afraid I shall burst into tears upon looking at it! Well, I gotta do it sometime...

7 comments:

  1. YOU FINALLY MADE IT OUT!! YAY!! So cool you have Lady Gaga's album too.

    ♫ Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah - Roma-ro-mama - Gaga-ooh-la-la ♫

    Glad you made it back alive and hope the uni work goes well. *recommends plenty of msn breaks* haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q
    I have decided that I will never ever go to Asda again.
    I feel very strongly that your worship has become too much for the universe to bare, and thus will not be shopping there again.
    Though this makes my life significantly more difficult than it otherwise would be; I trust that the knowledge it brings to you; That I Hate Asda Now, will more than recompense for this.
    Thank Q.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *recommends Tesco* "Every Little Helps!" :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know! The GaGa goodness is MINE!!!

    Q, I know all too well that you'll be back there before you know it, as if your resolve to never go to ASDA could EVER be as strong as my resolve to NEVER ENTER BODYCARE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hey Josh, which can of hairspray do you want. No I can't see it. I'm looking for it but i can't see it." *Josh bangs against glass* "Oh that one."
    Freaq.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems you have acquired ASDA cookies?? These fabled wonders I have yet to consume... enjoy and don't get too stressed about uni! At the rate I'm going, I'm sure I've taken on any stress you have as well!
    Love,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmmm, they are the best cookies everrrr! I only have one left now :(
    Haha, we can all be stressed together!!

    ReplyDelete

Send me your thought from across the room...